5 Rules For Mixing Prints You Need To KnowFriday, May 06, 2016
1. Keep It In the Family- Wear colors that are from the same color group for a more polished look. There is no need to look like you just left a clown show. Your outfit should match without clashing. Brown, orange and beige are an example of matching colors. Or, make should your print have at least one of the same color.
2. It All About Size- pair smaller patterns with bold and larger ones. Stay away from the same size patterns. You can also break up mix prints look by adding a solid color belt, blazer, shirt or hat.
3. Complement Your Pattern- make sure patterns are not fighting with each other. Stripes and Floral are two patterns that complement each other.
4. Don't Be Afraid of Mixing- mixing textures add depths to your threads. It's ok to wear two of the same pattern, but make sure the prints are different sizes.
5. Limit the number of patterns you mix- if you are a beginner, start by mixing two prints and simple silhouettes. If you are more advanced you can go ahead and add a third print.
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Instagram for more Fashion, Beauty and DIY Tips.